Monday, December 25, 2006

Mary Sidney Pareidolia? Oh my!

An amazing example of pareidolia! ;-) I received this email this morning:

Dear Ms. Williams,

After reading your fabulous book Sweet Swan of Avon, I was eating my usual breakfast of toast and marmalade (imported from Great Britain) and happened to notice a fascinating phenomenon.


See for yourself.

I am holding off reporting this sighting to the press until the Mary Sidney Society confirms this as an actual sighting. Please let me know how I should proceed.
Thanks ever so much.

All the best,
LeTaylor

1 comment:

  1. Well, I've been learning how to spell "pareidolia" and hopefully I will not ever be required to say it out loud, in public.
    But there is a problem: I've been keeping a look out for a sighting on my toast each morning and so far there has been nothing that resembles the lovely Countess. Do you suppose that I'm using the wrong bread? Should it be organic? Oh, heck, I'll just stick with possets -- when drinking enough of those one may see anything one wishes!(And regarding possets: I heard that the "Taste of Shakespeare" event in Santa Fe, NM, USA, in April, 2007, was a grand success!)
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete